Thursday, November 03, 2005

I got an Atomic Wedgie at Penetrode

Sorry I've been quiet for a while. I had a lot of deliverables due in a very short time. But they're done now. My secret was drinking 19 gallons of Diet Coke. I probably took three years off my life, but at least.... um... You know, now that I think about it, that may have been a poor decision.

Anyway, I just got out from interviewing another writer candidate. This guy was named Steve. Steve seemed to think he was doing us a tremendous favor just by coming in for the interview. And he got all snotty when we asked for a writing test. Never a good decision. Steve's actually taking the test as I write this. Little does he know that we'll be tossing it out along with his resume.

Fortunately, we have a parting gift for Steve. It's a T-shirt that says "I got an Atomic Wedgie at Penetrode" And he'll read the shirt and say, "But I didn't get an atomic wedgie." By then, of course, we'll have moved the hydraulic winch into position, and then he'll have to drive home looking out the fly-hole of his briefs.

This job has its disadvantages, but it also has its benefits. I think I'm really getting the hang of this interview thing.

In the end it doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure they're going to go with Bob.

LM

3 Comments:

Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

bah screw steve! Bob was obviously the more qualified candidate. even the monkey puppet took a shine to him.

I'm guessing this whole software development thing is actually a front for the vibrator department @ penetrode.

You're a dupe Lance! contributing to the farce! Did you ever notice how the lights seem to dim slightly @ 3:15 every afternoon in your workplace? That's because product 'testing' ensues at that time.

Or at least that's what the monkey puppet told me.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Lance Manion said...

Actually, you'll be amused to know that Bob withdrew from consideration. Just as well. And Steve pissed me off, so he's out. The field is now wide open, so get your winches and your monkey puppets ready!

10:08 PM  
Blogger V said...

Got any use for dejected schoolmarm blogger beotches? Maybe I'll hitch a ride to MA. I love it up there anyway.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares