Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My New Best Friend

Mrs. Manion and I went to the mall the other day to do our duty as good little consumers. The trip itself was uneventful. It was the journey home that will remain forever etched in my memory. As I came around a corner, the driver behind me started laying on his horn. After a few seconds, he pulled around, even with me. As he stared resolutely ahead, he continued to press on the horn, and extended a fist out the window. From that fist, he extended the universal finger of friendship.

Now, I've been honked at. Not often. But it happens.

I've even been flipped off. Not often. But it happens.

The thing that I don't get here, is that I have no idea what I did to incur this guy's substantial wrath. Was I going to fast? Too slow? Did I cut him off? If so, how? (I hadn't changed lanes in miles)

Now, I like to think I'm a pretty good driver (the propensity of my cars to die violent, high-speed, twisted metal deaths notwithstanding). Sure, I see speed limits as more advisory in nature, and I've sent cars down exit ramps sideways with tires squealing, and cops in pursuit, but I wasn't doing it that day. I've replayed everything about the trip, and I honestly have no idea what set this guy off.

In all the other cases, I've at least known why the other guy was pissed. I haven't always agreed, but at least I've known what frosted the other guy's nads.

So if you're out there reading this, Mr. Bald Freaky Looking Middle Finger Guy, what did I do?

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

The thing about pissing people off like that is that it's so damn funny.

One time some beotch started accosting me in a parking lot for no reason I could see, and went on and on about how bad a driver I was, until I pointed out the hypocritically crushed front fender on her car.

"MY HUSBAND DID THAT!!!" she screeched as I smugly pulled away.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares