Friday, June 17, 2005

One of the proudest moments of my life

Today I was going to write about the guy next to me at the urinal. He was talking on the phone. I was even planning on closing with some joke to the effect that he had better not forget which hand is holding what.

But all that's changed now. I just checked my hit counter. And I saw something that's going to change my life forever. Someone visited my site from Karnataka, Mysore, India. That's pretty cool. But that's not what's making me so proud. This person was coming from Google India.

And he was searching for the string "punched on the groin"

And Mercenary Words was on the first page of results!

WE'RE THE NUMBER ONE SITE FOR INDIAN GROIN PUNCHING!!!

Can you believe it? I know I can't. It makes me incredibly proud, that on the streets of Bombay, whenever people want to know about "punched on the groin", they'll be coming to my little corner on the web.

And I'll be there, to.... do.... something....

Okay, I haven't fleshed out that part of the plan. But it means something. And I'm going to go out and get really wasted in order to find out what.

In the meantime, We're number 1! We're number 1!

LM

Update: 7/6/05
If you Google for the string "punched on the groin", we're now the only search results you get in U.S. Google. I weep a small tear of joy. My parents would be so proud.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I had someone look at my blog after looking up "jaw wired shut" on google.

Yours is way cooler. Yea for you!

1:04 AM  
Blogger V said...

How about a twofold guide: one for those who have been punched on the groin, and those who want to continue the brawl after punching someone on the groin and need to know next steps to take?

Everybody wins.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lance Manion said...

Sara - Jaw wired shut? Nice. I'll have to read your archives to find that one.

Ari - That guide's pretty simple. The punchee goes fetal for about twenty minutes and has a good cry. The punchor just needs to ensure that no firearms are within reach of the punchee.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares