Thursday, June 09, 2005

1000 Hits

Yeah, it's a milestone. And here at Mercenary Words, we're pretty gosh darn proud of it.

So this salute goes out to you, you crazy Deutsche Telekom Ag employee. You may not speak English, but you knew enough to query Google for the words "mercenary" and "lemur" and click through to my blog. God only knows what you were looking for. But I hope you find it. Particularly if you're looking to hire a squad of bloodthirsty mercenary lemurs. That would be so cool.

Particularly if you're looking to hire a squad of bloodthirsty mercenary lemurs.

But during your 3.04 second visit here, you came to know the quality, the effort, and the fabulous wordcraft that goes into every single entry here. Perhaps you also recognized the high grade Humboldt County Gold marijuana that makes this whole enterprise possible. Either way, you recognized something. And we recognize that recognition. Man, I've got to cut back...

Anyway, I'd just like thank Google for making us the number one rated sight for searches like "Mercenary Words blog" and "weasel spirit totem" I'm optimistic that soon we'll be number one for "office ninja" and "jack that shit" as well.

I'd also like to thank my mother, for hammering that refresh key for hours each day. Thanks Mom, I hope that the carpal tunnel was worth it.

Let's not forget to thank those brave enough to link to Mercenary Words. Your checks are in the mail.

*sniff* I promised myself I wouldn't cry. But you, you've touched me, you whacky bavarian telephone company employee. I'll never forget our 3.04 seconds together.

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger V said...

If I link you, can you tell me the secret of 1000 hits?

And was that web hits or Humboldt County Gold hits?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Lance Manion said...

I always welcome more links. The secret? F5 key. Refreshes the page. Hammer that puppy.

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to install a hit counter on my bong. I'm working on it, though.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares