Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Mercenary Words on Vacation

I feel that I need to warn our reading public. The Mercenary Words publishing organization is going on vacation next week. Mrs. Manion and I are going to Provincetown, Massachusetts for a week with the rest of the Manions. P-town, as it's often called, is a fun place. Although, if you're not a fan of gay marriage, you probably shouldn't visit. Personally, I'm more than willing to let Bruce and Mark get married if it puts a dozen world class restaurants within a mile of one another. They can't possibly screw up a marriage worse than Britney Spears.

But hey, that's me.

The big danger with going to seaside resorts is always the sun. I'm pale. Real pale. It's my cursed Irish descent. I don't tan. I burn. It peels, and I'm pale underneath. That's how it works. My Channel Seven Safe Sun time is about 13 seconds. And yes, I use SPF 14300.

Mrs. Manion is similarly pale, although she gets to blame the Germans instead. My theory is that in rainy, dark places, it became an evolutionary advantage your tribe could locate you by the faintly flourescent glow of fish belly pale skin. On the other hand, someday when we have children they'll run outside to play and burst into flames.

But I digress. So while we're on vacation, I'm leaving the organization under the leadership of Seamus, the Mercenary Words intern. Although he's been fired twice, we've taken Seamus back after listening to his story. According to Seamus, he has an evil identical twin, also named Seamus, and the evil Seamus is responsible for the poison snakes, vandalism, grafitti, and fiduciary misconduct.

Something about the story bothers me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
So you may want to start preparing now for the slight drop in frequency and quality of posts while we let Seamus, or possibly Seamus, run the show.

LM


2 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Have fun and don't get The Worst Sunburn Ever.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I'll keep a whip handy in case Shamus gets too plucky.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares