Monday, February 06, 2006

A Very Manion Virus

Sorry I've been delaying posting pictures from my recent trip. It's just that I've been really sick lately with some sort of Serbian Death Virus. I'm getting better, but it's a slow process.

I'm reminded of when I worked at Pfizer on their clinical trials database. For those of you who care, I'm 21-CFR-11 certified. Yeah. Makes the chicks go crazy when I tell them. You'd be amazed at the stuff you can find out in a clinical trials database. You see things like drugs that cure some disease 90% of the time, but that other 10% immediately croaks. Or drugs that have unfortunate side effects that are much, much, worse than the problem they purport to cure. I'll leave this one to your imagination. Suffice to say, if anyone offers you compound CY-40-IH, choose death instead.

Anyway, I'd be walking around a research building, near the pathogen labs, and suddenly someone would sneeze. And everyone edges away from that person. Or you'd feel like you had a mild cold. And then you'd remember that the early stages of ebola presents with cold-like symptoms.

But I've been away from Pfizer for a while, so I almost never worry when I start coughing up blood. With luck I'll be hitting on all 8 cylinders again shortly.

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger Amandarama said...

Get better soon! We missed you at the Super Bowl party last night.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares