Friday, August 12, 2005

Manion 2K

Yes, here at Mercenary Words we've finally had over two thousand hits. And many of those hits were not generated by Mrs. Manion pounding the refresh button on her browser. And that's pretty cool. So I'm going to hoist a celebratory Diet Coke in recognition of that brave soul out there who said, "Dammit, I want to know more about scabies, but rather than go to a reputable medical info site, I'm going to get my information from some random guy with a blog." 'Cause that's exactly the sort of thing that I would do.

"Hey honey, it's okay to ignore that rash, because RickyBoi63 says on his blog that his cousin had one just like that an' his arm didn't fall off or nothin..."

And by way of thanking all y'all who visit Mercenary Words on a semi-regular (or semi-nude - We're cool with it either way, just keep posting those photos!) basis, here's a little card that I'd mail to you if I had any idea where any of you lived.

Thanks for making a fun little project a little more worth doing.

LM

3 Comments:

Blogger Bran said...

So if I were to give you my mailing address, you would send me a card? Geez, Lance, I didn't know you cared. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, being compared to a potato and all.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Lance Manion said...

My dear, sweet Bran - Out of all of the readers of Mercenary Words, I like you best.

If only you knew the high regard that we Irish have for the potato. You know the Irish Potato famine? We had plenty of other food, you know. We'd just rather starve than go without potatoes. That's how much we care about them.

9:57 AM  
Blogger V said...

Just you keep preachin the gospel of lemurs, halfassed nakedness and scabies, Manion, and we'll keep a-listenin.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares