Monday, March 27, 2006

Traduzca el Manion

My musical tastes, as I'm sure you know, are pretty broad. For example, today I'm listening to Mexican gangsta rap. Specifically, Si Senor, by Control Machete, off their album Solo Para Fanaticos.

Unfortunately, I took French in high school and college. (Who here wants to discuss proto-feminism in the works of Marguerite Duras? You know you do!) On the plus side, I can inquire as to the location of your aunt's pen in flawless French (It's on your uncle's bureau). On the down side, there's almost no French gangsta rap. Interessant, n'est-ce pas?

So when I'm filled with the overwhelming urge to know what I'm rapping along to, I have to track down the lyrics and feed them into Babelfish. And this is what I get.

"It tells me that one feels,
Tell me that one feels
Tell me that the sweat in the forehead feels
Tell me that it feels,
Tell me if you have a feeling
Tell me that the sweat in the forehead feels"

It's interesting, because I understand all of the individual words, and yet the final product might as well still be in Spanish. Sometimes that's the way it shakes down here at Mercenary Words.

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I took German in highschool. I can tell you that the blue cat is tasty and I can count to 20.

English gansta rap almost as funny as Christian gangsta rap.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's plenty of french gangsta rap.
Go. Look. Is good. ;)

Akhenaton & The Bad Boys of Marseilles
J-L
Cuiziner
Saïan Supa Crew

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares