Friday, March 24, 2006

The Return of the American Jerk

So it's with great excitement that we announce the return of the American Jerk. The American Jerk, or Mr. Scoop as he was sometimes known around these parts, has restarted his own blog.

Turns out that he hates being called Mr. Scoop. Had I known, I would have referred to him as Mrs. Amandarama, or something like that. But if he thinks I'm going back through all 152 entries here and checking for his name to update it, he's got another thing coming.

In the early day of the intraweb, the American Jerk was well known as THE site to go to for dark humor, bestialy pics, and homemade explosive mixtures. I still use his recipe for Palmolive and unleaded in my disputes with local law enforcement.

Unfortunely, the American Jerk was eventually shut down after a nine day standoff with a Dominoes delivery guy. Details are vague, but the local paper later described the incident as "Topping dispute ends with 9 dead, dozens left homeless".

But I digress. From the staff of Mercenary Words, let us just say "Welcome back, and it's about damn time."

LM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's not that I dislike being called Mr. Scoop. Its just that based on the horrible, misanthropic things that have been written about Mr. Scoop, my criminal defense attorney has advised me that I should not, under any circumstances, admit or imply that I might be him.

So for the (legal) record: I am NOT Mr. Scoop.

Thanks for the link, chief.

Rob

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares