Friday, September 09, 2005

Enemies List

When I was in first grade, it was briefly cool to write down a list of your enemies. After a few days, the school forbade us from creating these lists. Then their popularity really took off.

So it's been a couple of decades, but I've decided to create a new enemies list. I publish it now for your reading pleasure.
  1. Dharmender, the QA intern
Now, you're probably saying, "Lance, your fury burns with the white hot rage of a thousand suns. Why is only Dharmender singled out for your crushing vengeance?" And the answer is fairly simple. Although my job title is senior technical writer, this is only because the admin misspelled my actual title. In reality my title is somthing like "drone/bottomfeeder"

Thus the only person currently within my somewhat limited grasp is Dharmender. Now there's not much point in having an enemies list unless you can crush the person or persons on it. So I'm kind of sorry that it has to be Dharmender, but such is life.

Or in Dharmender's case such is the hideous random vengeance for no apparent reason, but you know what I mean.

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Just the mention of an enemies list caused me to bust out laughing ('course, I teach 3rd grade). I think some variant of the enemies list may still exist.

I think if I made one, it would be too close to closing the gap between violent fantasy vengeance and reality.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Amandarama said...

I would develop an enemies list but then there'd be evidence if the offending campers happened to wind up dead somewhere. I can't have thsoe kinds of loose ends.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares