Friday, July 22, 2005

Why Did You Visit Mercenary Words?

The vast majority of you come here for my insouciant wit, and the vain hope that I'll start posting nude pictures of myself. But some people come here looking for a little something extra. I thought I would share with you some of the most exciting paths people have taken to visit this little corner of the web.

From France: Enter the terms "Monkey Fuck" into AOL France's search engine - we're on the first page.

From Russia: Enter "clow pie fetish" into Russian Google - Again, page numero uno. The thing that amazes me is that people actually click through to the site.

From the USA: Enter "Scabie" into Google. Apparently a lot of people think I've got something worth hearing on the subject of scabies - we're front page news.

From the USA: Enter Mercenary Lemurs into Google - not only are we on the first page, we're the number one result.

And that's pretty darn great.

But I've noticed an alarming rise in the number of people who visit the site because they queried Google for "clown pie fetish" I'm serious here. I've got hits from Russian Google, US Google and French Google.

Now I'm pretty much willing to do anything for traffic, but.... Damn....

Now I certainly hold some of the blame. I was the guy who wrote the original post on clown sex, lord help me. And yet, I'm more than a little freaked out by the number of people who are clearly looking for it. And my software only records the ones who click through. I mean, how many other people are out there desperately searching Google for photos of some guy with floppy shoes and a festively striped strap-on?

I had thought about doing a post about furries at some point, but after this, there's just no chance.

LM

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Furries... Ew.

I found you blog because yours was an exist page and mine was the entry. Or something like that.

But aren't you glad that I found your blog?

1:17 AM  
Blogger Amandarama said...

A couple weeks ago if you typed Czech Zombie Larp into google, my site came up. Now it doesn't. But apparently I'm popular on searches for Bo Bice. I'm not sure which is worse.

Oh, and I visit Mercenary Words because I, like, know you and stuff :P

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lance Manion said...

"I found you blog because yours was an exist page and mine was the entry." - Sara

I understand all of the individual words, and yet I have no idea what this sentence means.

And I'd like to say, in case the Feds are reading, that I've never met Amandarama, and certainly have no idea what she did to that guy's room senior year of college.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I don't know what it means either. I was trying to talk computer talk and it blew up in my face.

Thanks for pointing it out to everyone, Lance. Now people from France will know what a loser I really am.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares