Friday, May 06, 2005

Manion Poetry Slam '05

In an effort to raise the tone here at Mercenary Words, we're doing poetry. I wanted to do an assortment of limericks about the man from Nantucket, but Mrs. Manion absolutely forbid it unless I gave equal time to the young lady from Venus, and I'm just not going there.

I've read a few goth blogs to get a feel for this thing, and I think I've got what it takes. Brace yourselves. Manion Poetry Slam '05 begins!

My Pain Is Worse Than Yours

My voice goes unheard
So many ears
But no one hears
My voice is lost

I float in the maelstrom
Tossed about in the blackness
I feel such pain
It's really hard to be me

My pain is worse than yours, you suck.

Dried out and lonely

I've got no beer
Even the old can of Bud light
That my brother left behind
Is gone.

If I have no beer,
I can't get Mrs Manion loaded so I can score.
Maybe she'll drink
Jaeger shots.

Oppressing me

An army of police
Telling me what to do
Telling me what to think
Telling me that getting wasted and sinking my car in the neighbor's pool is illegal.

Even if you cage my body
My soul soars free,
Like the cookies
I just tossed
on myself.

Incredibly, these only took about 3 minutes each. Now I see how all the poetry majors in college had all that free time to run around hooking up with each other. I'm going to look into finding a publisher.

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger Amandarama said...

Yes! More goth poetry about Jaeger shots!!!!

I think I'm supposed to start wildly snapping here. I've been told that is proper poetry ettiquette. Instead, I'll hoist a shot. It seems more appropriate.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares