Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Volunteering To Be Stupid

On my way into work this morning, I was listening to the radio. Two things occurred to me

1. The vast majority of radio DJs have less brain activity than Terry Schiavo. I must tread carefully, here, because the esteemed Mr. Scoop is a DJ for Boston's home of Alternative Rock, WBCN. That said, if I hear another DJ talk in that smarmy ass voice about the zany morning crew, I'm going down there with a pitchfork to show them the pointy end of some serious zaniness.

And please, PLEASE, stop with the bad impressions. Yeah, that bad Schwarzenegger impression. You may be shocked to realize that it's been done. Repeatedly. Silly voices are not comedy gold. Dear God, I've coughed up phlegm with more entertainment value.

2. Clearly radio contests are capable of some form of mind control. Whenever there's any sort of contest, every idiot in the transmitting radius calls up. Even if they have no idea what's going on. Especially if they have no idea what's going on. It's great. If the question is "What's the title of Beck's first album." You're pretty much guaranteed that everybody who has never heard of Beck will rush the phones. Here's an idea. If you don't know the answer, don't call! And back to the DJs, why do you feel the need to play a bunch of wrong answers for us, the listeners? If I want to know a bunch of words that are not the title of Beck's first album, I'll go read a dictionary.

That should do it for the radio industry. Come back tomorrow when I take on debt restructuring in developing countries.

LM

PS. The title of Beck's first album is Mellow Gold. But I really didn't want a Britney Spears CD Prize Pack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amandarama said...

I think a better question is "why were you listening to a station that offered a Britney Spears CD set as a prize pack?"

I'm not sure there are any good morning shows (of the playing music variety) left in the Boston area. I find myself listening to WBZ mostly. Or mp3s.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares