Monday, April 18, 2005

Bo Justice

Many years ago, before fire was harnessed, before the rise of mammals, before I graduated from college, I knew a man.

No, scratch that. I knew a legend. I knew a force of nature. I knew the power of the cosmos. I knew Bo Justice.

Now I know you're thinking, "Lance. I know you were drinking with Mr. and Ms. Scoop this weekend. Is it possible that you're still under the effect of Messers. Daniels and Beam?"

And to that I say, "Hell, yeah! Let's go to a titty bar and light the place on fire!"

But before that, I need to speak about Bo Justice. It's been many years. In coming forward now, I feel not unlike a veteran of many battles in many wars. A man who has never spoken of the horrors he faced. Until one quiet night, he begins to speak. And the stories pour forth, unstoppably. And those who hear them bear the awesome responsbility of preserving those stories. Of preserving a life through time. A life in words.

Such was my time with Bo Justice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amandarama said...

It's time for hard justice.

Street justice.

Bo Justice.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lance Manion said...

That is SO true.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Okay, so tell us Bo's stories. Pass on the tradition and whatnot.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares