Wednesday, September 21, 2005

You are cordially invited to the wedding of friend A and friend B. Hash brownies will be provided.

Sorry I've been slow about posting lately. Mrs. Manion has had to be on campus for 9 AM each day this week, and it's killing me. Getting from Ashby to Cambridge means getting up at about 5:30 AM. I am so not a morning person.

But you know, come to think of it, I'm not sorry. Because I'm a bad person and I'm okay with that. And right now I'm a bad person on about 436,000 milligrams of caffeine. I'm not sure what that's going to get me (other than the foaming, twitching, and desire to rip my own head off). I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time, you're probably dying to know what we got up to this weekend. Well, we attended a wedding, along with 50,000 uninvited guests. A friend of Mrs. Manion's got married this weekend. She and her fiance rented a lovely old mansion right on Boston Common. They were fortunate to be able to rent the building on fairly short notice.

So Mrs Manion and I got all dressed up and came into the city. We parked far away and took the subway in. We got out at Boston Common. As we're walking along toward the mansion, we noticed that there seemed to be an unusually large police presence. And they weren't even there for me. Turns out I spent twenty minutes hiding in a dumpster for no reason at all.

There were thousands of people, two stages, bands, incense vendors, and an overwhelming scent of low grade marijuana.

Yes, it turns out that this weekend was indeed Boston HempFest '05. Yes, that was why the mansion was available. So as the vows were exchanged, you could occaisionally hear the lead singer of Saliva Zone scream out "WHO WANTS TO GET HIGH?" or "DON'T LET THE MAN HARSH YOUR BUZZ! LEGALIZE!"

For added entertainment, the reception now also featured hacky-sack circles, hair braiding, drumming, and henna tattoos. Pretty sweet if you asked me. And I think I got a contact high.

The bride, on the other hand, was less amused. But after a few hits, she was cool with it. The wedding favors were personalized bongs. Or at least I think that's how I ended up with a personalized bong. Not sure. It's a little hazy.

Good times, people. Good times...

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger V said...

This is an oddly synchronous posting because just today a whole bunch of us were sitting around in the teacher's lounge saying that drugs should be legalized.

Someone asked me if I would smoke pot if it were legal. I lied and said, "Probably not."

12:32 AM  
Blogger Lance Manion said...

Hell Ari, I would have said, "Why, I'm high right now!"

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares