Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A new Manion-mobile

So I've been looking at cars again lately. I can't really justify replacing my current ride, the dependable and safe (if not terribly compelling) Volvo S40. The S40 was purchased shortly after the previous Manion-mobile, a tricked out Acura Integra (god rest her metal soul) took a guard rail at about 60 MPH.

Hydroplaning's a bitch.

It's tough though. I'm starting to feel middle aged. I make decent money, and could afford a car that I would have killed for in my teens/twenties, but now I stop and think, "What about the insurance? And is it practical? Could I carry kids and stuff from the Home Depot in it?" And it leads to the following dialog in my head:

Past Manion "Get the Shelby Mustang! Or the Honda S2000! Can you imagine the chicks this car would get?!

Present Manion "Yeah, but I'm married now, and the car wouldn't hold much more than a single bag of top soil..."

Past Manion "Topsoil? TOPSOIL?! You fucking pussy! You make me sick. I remember when we used to outrun cops and come out of exit ramps sideways with tires smoking. Now you're worried about topsoil?!"

Present Manion "Omigod! I'm old!!! NOOOO!"

And so it goes. I think we might be able to compromise on an Acura RSX, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares